These ladoos fall in the home remedy food category. Watercress Seeds are high in calcium, much higher than spinach and milk. Consumption of watercress seeds in moderate portions helps with constipation, fatigue and the common flu.
If fresh coconut water is not available one may use package unsweetened coconut water or regular milk works fine. Frozen defrosted fresh coconut works well in place of fresh coconut.
Prep Time: 3 :05 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
You will need:
- 1/4 cup watercress seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut water or regular milk
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/4 cup jaggery/ palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- Soak Watercress Seeds in coconut water for 2-3 hours. The seeds will plump up and look close to chia seeds consistency.
- On medium heat, cook jaggery and coconut together for about 5 minutes. Add soaked watercress seeds and immediately switch the flame off. Mix well.
- When the mixture cools a bit shape the ladoos.
- In cooler weather, the ladoos can be stored at room temperature up to 2 days. You can also refrigerate them for a week.