This is a very easy appetizer to make and it will be ready in no time. Deviled eggs are party favorites. If you skip the coloring of eggs, you will be able to make these deviled eggs under 20 minutes.
Longer you leave the eggs in beetroot brine, intense pink they’ll turn. You can leave them in the brine up to 3 days.
Yields: 12 portions
Prep time: 25 minutes
Color time: Overnight
You will need:
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise/ Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh dill and some for garnish
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 paprika
Brine for Coloring the eggs (Optional):
- 2 tbsp beetroot powder or 3 tbsp freshly grated beetroot
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 3-4 whole black peppers
- Hard boil the eggs. For perfect boiled eggs, it takes about 10-12 minutes. Peel when completely cool.
- Add beetroot powder or grated beetroot to water, vinegar and whole black pepper. Dissolve beetroot powder completely, then add the peeled eggs. Keep overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, drain all the water and dry the eggs.
- Cut eggs in half and take the yolks out of the bowl. Mash the yolks with the help of a fork or a masher. Add Mayonnaise, Mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fold in dill and cucumber.
- Scoop or pipe in the mixture in the eggs.
- Garnish with dill and a sprinkle of paprika.