These Financiers are gluten-free. They taste just like Maharashtran Sheera.
If almond flour is not available, you can easily make it at home running 3/4 cup of whole almond through food processor. Same with Hazelnut flour.
You may substitute hazelnut with pistachio or walnut too.
Instead of Amaranth, rice flour works well too.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour/ rajgira flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp melted clarified butter/ Ghee
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 sliced almond (optional)
- Powdered/confectioners sugar for serving
- Position a rack in middle of the oven and preheat to 350 F (180 C).
- Line muffin pans with paper liners or grease the pan with butter and flour the pans.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the almond meal and hazelnut flour on the prepared sheet and bake for 5 minutes then let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the toasted almond, hazelnut flour, amaranth flour, sugar and salt. Mix it together.
- Beat the egg whites into dry ingredients. Add the melted ghee, in 3 additions. Mix well after each addition.
- Divide the batter between muffin pans and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake until the financiers are light golden brown 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.