If you have 15 minutes to spare, you can make this toffee. This is not only easy to make but delicious too. The toffee itself resembles honeycomb hence the name honeycomb toffee. You can dip the toffee in dark chocolate to enhance its flavor. This makes an excellent homemade gift for the holiday season. One thing to keep in mind while making the toffee is to measure and keep the baking soda ready.
You will need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- Prepare a 9×9” pan with parchment paper.
- Keep a whisk and measured baking soda ready on the side.
- In a large saucepan: add sugar, corn syrup, honey, and water. Cook on medium heat until the candy thermometer reads 300°F (148°C) for about 7-10 minutes.
- Switch the flame off and immediately whisk in the baking soda. The mixture will triple in size.
- Immediately pour the toffee into the prepared pan. You will see the toffee start to deflate.
- Let the toffee cool for 1-2 hours.
- Once cool, take the parchment paper off and break the toffee with a spoon.
- Store in an airtight container in between parchment sheets for up to a week.