Its not summer with out pannah! Perfect drink to relish on summer hot days. Mango is such a versatile fruit, which can be enjoyed in every state.
Yields : 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
You will need:
- 1 raw mango
- 3/4 cup jaggery( you can add more or less depending on the sourness of mango)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
How to proceed:
- Peel and dice the raw mango.
- Place mango in a pressure cooker safe bowl with out adding water in the mango bowl . Pressure cook for 4 wistles. If you don’t have pressure cooker ,simply boil the mango.
- let the mango cool completely.
- If boiling mango without pressure cooker, drain water and then use.
- Add jaggery, cumin seeds and cardamom powder and blend to a smooth paste.
- Your pannah paste is ready. You can refrigerate the paste for 8-10 days.
- How to make pannah. Add 2 tbsp of paste in glass add 3/4 cup of cold water. Mix well, Your drink is ready to be served.
- Relish on hot summer day.